View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 11:27 AM   #58
ON CP YOU’RE SOMEBODY’S BITCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad View Post
Cool thread!

Certainly nothing wrong with staying loyal to his program

BUT, here's my 2 cents.

Guessing by your relationship with the Paulsons, you probably think Kevin Dresser is a colossal dickhead, but I would think being a NAIA champ would get your brother in the door at Ames RTC.

Maybe he goes up to Ames 1-2X per month and sees if he gets an itch for D1 after wrestling several of the ISU guys.

Maybe he defends his title next year and feels like he has nothing left to prove at that level.

Do you think, based on his accomplishments, Graceland would honor his full scholarship in a redshirt year for 2021-2022? This might allow him to graduate from Graceland and pursue a grad transfer to a D1 with his remaining year of eligibility. I would think that might be a good recruiting pitch for Graceland if they took care of their guys like that.
I have known the Paulson twins for decades and love them.... they are good shit. I have no harsh feelings towards Dresser. I’ve never met the man and that’s their beef.

There has been a moderate amount of D1 interest that has emerged all the sudden and it has been flattering, yet at the same time it’s like, “why the hell did 12 of you snub him? Like no response, really?! The people in the recruiting roles obviously don’t know how to do their jobs as successfully as they could, for it was obvious to everyone in Southeast Iowa that he was an athletic specimen that could be molded.” Like, he (well our whole family) has such a huge chip on his shoulder about that. I feel that multi sport athletes get overlooked in wrestling and it’s not right... not to mention, a freaking stupid way of approaching the recruiting trail. I hate this whole “you have to do nothing but wrestle and wrestle only to get to the next level” mindset in wrestling. It is so ignorant, IMO.

And he likely will always have a void in his heart about not wrestling D1. We all know he can compete well at that level. We knew Foster could too.

Graceland has just been so good to him. A family.
rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.