View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 09:43 AM   #9
__

I do think the Chiefs never attempted to seriously trade him this offseason, but I think it’s becoming clear they never really believed they could sign him.

So they make a bunch of noise, say “we’re totally keeping this guy,” while making zero offers in the dog days of May/June when their lowball offers would get splashed all over social media and build up time to piss off Jones.

So they’re going to wait, I bet, until like 5 days before the deadline. They’ll lowball him a few times in a hurried negotiation so they can tell their fans they tried. They will then deal Jones next year for picks way less valuable than the Buckner deal, since teams will know we’re not keeping him.

This whole thing is trending towards Jones getting gone rather than keeping him here long term.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.