Thread: Movies and TV Must Watch Series
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 05:41 AM   #872
Supporter

Man, whatever you might have heard about Euphoria, if you appreciate narrative you owe it to yourself to at least make it through the 3rd episode.

I went into it with a cynical eye, almost watching it as homework to be able to speak knowledgeably if others were discussing it. And it comes on pretty strong.

The first couple episodes are pretty frenetic and nihilistic at the same time, reminiscent of Larry Clark and Harmonie Korine of a previous generation, or Bret Ellis before that.

And it takes you a while to adjust to the spectacle. And there is TONS of spectacle, imagine every form of hedonism you can envision in the latter 20-teens and you're gonna see it somewhere in there.

But it really kicked up a notch, or else I finally got acclimated, in the 3rd episode.

It's not just the narratives themselves, but the simultaneous storytelling style and the verisimilitude. Everything is wild and out there, but still feels feasible and relatable.

It might not be my favorite episode of the entire year, but it might be the one I most admire for the craft displayed.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.