View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 07:40 PM   #50
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Lee View Post
Just got done watching it via HBO Max. Some thoughts...

Best movie (writing, characters, fights, etc.) of the Monster-verse since Kong: Skull Island, which is still the best in my opinion
Better script than Godzilla: King of the Monsters but still lacking somewhat on the human side
There are some scenes that you can tell were shot for IMAX / 3D.
Of two human "groups" we follow the one following Godzilla / APEX was the weakest, Millie Bobby Brown wasn't bad but wasn't great either in this film, she was just sort of there
Regarding the fight scenes, glad we got away from the fights at night during a driving rainstorm but...
Spoiler!

The monsters...
Spoiler!

Some deep cut references throughout the movie, I mean really deep cut references, that were great adds if you're a hard core fan. Not just the old Showa series of Toho films but a couple of callbacks to scenes from a couple of the Heisei series of Toho films.

All in all I liked the movie, could have been better in some spots, almost 2 hours long but I felt like the movie was lacking any meat (plot wise) and was a lot of empty calories. But just like a good dessert, I enjoyed the empty calories.
I have no problem with the first spoiler. That was done to show how different the home field advantage was and pointed out the difference later on.

I also at first felt like you did on the 2nd spoiler but that points back to the characters - Kong is more closely like a human and Godzilla is a force of nature. They should act differently...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.