View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 05:14 PM   #47
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside View Post
Great Movie, really captures the spirit of the old ones from growing up.
This.

The best way I can relate this film is the way comic book movies use to be. Before the Marvel movies there was Batman and pretty much every other comic movie was liked by comic fans and no one else. Comic movies were very cheesy and you were either a nerd and liked it or a normie and didn't. Batman being really the only exception.

Marvel movies were different. They were still cheesy but acceptable cheesy. Normies could watch and enjoy without completely rolling their eyes.

GVK is that for monster movies. I was surprised all the way through how much the plot and human elements were upped. It was the difference between Tim Burton Batman (King of the Monsters) and Dark Knight Rises (GVK.) It is not as good an overall movie as DKR but the perfect theater popcorn movie that doesn't make you roll your eyes.

I would say it's Jurassic Park with bad science.

It doesn't erode the core of the Godzilla/Kong universe to appeal to a bigger audience. In fact, despite my pounding head and handful of narcotics I noticed a good 20 tips of the hat to the Japanese Godzilla films. TONS of things included G fans will recognize but don't take a way from the plot or film by being included.

I'd really like to do a non-spoiler review when my eyes aren't being jabbed with ice pics.

Short story: by FAR best Monster-verse movie yet. Even people who don't usually enjoy Godzilla/Kong will still have fun. It's Jurassic Park + Godzilla and Kong + sci-fi elements...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote