View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 01:18 PM   #191
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
Never understood why more kids don’t do this. Playing for free for millionaire coaches and millionaire AD’s is a laughably stupid and racist system that I’d never want to participate in if I didn’t have to.

Marcus Garrett has to. Josh Jackson, Hampton, Wiggins et al don’t. The latter should absolutely go make 300-400k (plus endorsements ) for a year and stop making others rich under the guise of “amateur purity”
Because the money they make overseas isn’t worth leaving for one year and losing the publicity. Think about how much more money Zion will make on his shoe deal after he was basically all ESPN talked about for 8 months straight than had he gone and played in some league overseas that no one watches or cares about. I’m not going to play dumb and say “education is valuable go to school”, but I do think people dismiss just how valuable 8 months of nonstop media attention on you is and how much it hypes you up. Hell, even a hot March can sky rocket you up draft boards in only a hand full of games. That’s what publicity does.

The only way this is a smart move is if he pulls a Grimes and we find out he is way overhyped and his stock drops off the map. Then he will be glad he took the money.
SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.