View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 10:43 AM   #35
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I agree with you, I just think it's mostly prevalent on deep balls and balls behind him. If you look at 1:24, then about 6 plays in a row starting at 2:04, and then another at 4:16, I think its pretty clear he can and does pluck the ball with some regularity and I've seen it in games as well. I think it's just coaching him up a bit.

Well sure, as is the case with alot of college players and especially any that don't play in the Big10, ACC, or SEC, but even they sometimes need some serious valuation if they play on one of the powerhouse teams. You have to look at his skill set, and he most definitely has an NFL skill set with sub 4.4 speed to boot. I posted the highlight video of his sophomore year because it's a nice sample of his abilities. I've watched quite a few of those games but I can't exactly post them. It's pretty clear that clowning DBs is not a system deal, all the while being the only major receiving threat on that team.

Sure the body of work isn't there against top competition but there isn't much you can do about that. He put up 7 for 80 and a TD plus a 13 yd rush against Oklahoma last year and 6 for 106 and 2 TD against South Florida in 2018. That South Florida team had Mazzi Williams, who at least got a shot as a UDFA in the league, and Mike Hampton, who will most likely get a similar chance so they aren't complete shit.
Yeah, that video was kind of jumpy, like the encoding was crappy or something looked like he wasn't running very fast until you put him next to a dude that ought to at least be able to run some.

The video didn't show much of his route running except on that go route where he just blew by the dude and that little shimmy looked sloppy. It would be nice to see some whole field video. Maybe it matters less than it used to with more vertical concepts in the offense now. Plus Hardman doesn't run great routes.

One good thing, is that SMU video, that safety REALLY hit him, held on to the ball and all the stuff you want to see.

Dude has some filthy moves with the ball in his hands. Wow.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.