View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 10:33 PM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Man, he's dynamic.

Only issue I really see is that he doesn't look like a "hands" catcher - more of a body catcher.

I like Chris Olave (Ohio State) a lot, too. Great separator.
I agree with you, I just think it's mostly prevalent on deep balls and balls behind him. If you look at 1:24, then about 6 plays in a row starting at 2:04, and then another at 4:16, I think its pretty clear he can and does pluck the ball with some regularity and I've seen it in games as well. I think it's just coaching him up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellerfox View Post
I want to preface my post by saying I do like Stevenson. That said, the talent disparity that Houston has across the board compared to their weekly competition is astronomical. In the highlights you shared, you’re seeing a future NFL QB throwing to a future NFL WR, opposite another future NFL WR, with an OL that has 2 players already in the league and 1-2 more that might make it. The defenses, on the other hand, MAYBE have 1-2 kids who will be late round fliers.

Stevenson has a nice balance of measurable and athleticism that validates his potential. I’m not trying to invalidate him because he goes to Houston, just caution that circumstances set him up for stat production and highlight reel. When taking a prospect like him, our scouts really need to do their homework to determine if he’s a gem or the product of the system and talent around him. I trust our front office and would be excited if they do view him as a Watkins replacement.
Well sure, as is the case with alot of college players and especially any that don't play in the Big10, ACC, or SEC, but even they sometimes need some serious valuation if they play on one of the powerhouse teams. You have to look at his skill set, and he most definitely has an NFL skill set with sub 4.4 speed to boot. I posted the highlight video of his sophomore year because it's a nice sample of his abilities. I've watched quite a few of those games but I can't exactly post them. It's pretty clear that clowning DBs is not a system deal, all the while being the only major receiving threat on that team.

Sure the body of work isn't there against top competition but there isn't much you can do about that. He put up 7 for 80 and a TD plus a 13 yd rush against Oklahoma last year and 6 for 106 and 2 TD against South Florida in 2018. That South Florida team had Mazzi Williams, who at least got a shot as a UDFA in the league, and Mike Hampton, who will most likely get a similar chance so they aren't complete shit.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.