View Single Post
Old 11-10-2003, 01:46 PM   #479
"On To Houston"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
This site is 100% community driven. If the community doesn't voice any displeasure, we can't make a judgement if we don't see the post. In this case, "fat mexican whore" was used. I'm sorry, but I can't possibly know Otter's intent with that phrase regardless of history, so I'm leaving it alone because it's not blatantly racist in nature. "person of Hispanic heritage" was also used during this controversy and the individual using that word was immediately slammed and warned that the next infraction would result in banishment.

See y'all later tonight.
Moi?..."intent", is the key word here! For clarification, I used that term in response to a TJ thread about Elizabeth Smart a few mos. back. My intent, (as was apparent to TJ), was to draw a parallel between the absurdity of his post, and the absurdity of "racist remarks"! He knew the intent-even still I apologised to him in a PM, but instead he chose to play the wounded victim. I've been guilty of being thin-skinned too, but if someone made clear their intent voluntarily...well, let's just say that draws into question his sincerity--- & summed up quite nicely IMO Phil!
conjureman ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.