View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 04:13 PM   #50
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
That's the beauty of progressive overload... you can only bullshit yourself for so long.

I started lighter on a lot of stuff, sometimes to get the movement down and sometimes just not knowing where I was in terms of reps. But, if I'm at 12+ reps in a set, I'm adding weight. And with each workout I'm trying to add one more rep and then level up on weight.

Outside of simply not doing the exercise correctly (such as not having a full range of motion), eventually there's no where to hide. I could do a bunch of quick or sloppy reps, but eventually I'd be at a weight where I'm just kidding myself if I'm still doing the movement correctly.
This is again correct. The question of 10 reps to failure or 20 reps to failure is a good one. I tend to shoot for the 10-12 rep range. I start heavy based on my previous performance, and decrease the weight with each set shooting for failure in the 10-12 rep range

I like 10-12 reps because it takes less time, and technically your rest period should be shorter too.

I also found out that I was doing a lot of ego lifting with poor form. I have gotten pretty decent biceps and have yet to max out my adjustable dumbbells. Bench press and legs have created some challenges, so I just try to do more isolation work.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.