View Single Post
Old 02-18-2022, 01:55 AM   #7
Veteran

It was me who posed the trade Tyreek hypothetical, I could probably find the thread later.

Just to re-iterate, I love Tyreek and think he is the best WR in all of football, but my theory/question was whether Tyreek was better than say Devante Adams AND a top 10 pick, as I think probably every player apart from QB has a price.

In your 2 scenarios, I think I would take the Falcons offer, or maybe try and squeeze abit more out of that (another pick the year after as well, 2nd or 3rd round?), as long as I was confident I could actually sign a #1 replacement like Adams.

I don't think the Eagles offer is enough.

Of course, it would be a **** up of the highest magnitude to trade Tyreek and then not secure an adequate replacement, so there is some risk there and you would want a "done deal" with the WR replacing him.

A few points:
  • I don't really like the "Tyreek makes the offense work" narrative. We have the best ****ing quarterback in the league, and an amazing offensive mind in Andy. Seems stupid to suggest that the offense would be bad without Hill
  • Football is all about evolving, changing, adapting. It seems like the league has done more evolving to defend the Chiefs than the Chiefs Offense has done in the last year. Taking away Tyreek, and leaving defenses wondering what the Chiefs offense would look like without him, is probably a massive tactical advantage in Andy's favour

If people say they would turn down the #1 overall pick for Tyreek, or the #1 overall and the first pick of the 2nd round as well? I think that's madness, you would have to take it.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli