View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #134
PermaBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAZ View Post
Where is anyone in this thread saying that schools want to join the Big 10 because it will generate them more research dollars.

Again, that's the opposite of what I'm saying. I'm saying that the Universities in the Big 10 and the Pac 12 hold their collective brands high. And that the academic reputations of UCLA, USC, Arizona, Stanford, Colorado, Cal and most of the Big 10 is a factor in deciding which teams they let in.

This discussion has nothing to do with CIC claiming they can get Nebraska or Notre Dame more research funding. The article suggests that bogus. I believe it. But it has nothing to do with this discussion.

And to the second point that the English Department (as well as possibly the the majority of departments on any given campus) generates zero dollars in research funding... has nothing to do with anything. It certainly doesn't make the UA's $600M in research funding any smaller or the UA's Athletic depatment's $50M any bigger.
At this point, I have no idea what you're trying to argue. Let's get to this specific question: how are the funds for research generated?

It seems like you're conflating quite a few points.
DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.