View Single Post
Old 08-28-2022, 11:01 AM   #913
Starter

Commentary…

First, the cuts:

I didn’t have to make many cuts (fortunately) because my roster and depth was decimated by all of the Chiefs FA departures this off-season (unfortunate). Because my team is only 2 years old, most of them were on my roster when I began (forcing them to be removed). Because Hitchens was cut, I was really hoping he’d catch on somewhere else as a starter and I could retain him… but alas… the NFL has decided he’s done.

I cut Gowan (who was one of my draft picks last year) because he’s essentially fizzled out on two teams now. He’s current CB 10 for the Eagles and I’m expecting him to be cut. I don’t think he gets another shot elsewhere. Time to cut my losses.

Fountain/Henne - cut in favor of keeping other depth at their positions whom I feel have higher long-term ceilings

Ronald Jones - I wanted to keep him and see if I could hit the jackpot if he’s traded to or cut/signs with a RB desperate team… but next on my cut list was Lucas Niang. I ultimately decided to give Niang one more year and cut Jones.

Overall team:

I feel great about the offense. Like the Chiefs, I need a RT, but we are going to score a lot of points. My big departure from the actual Chiefs roster is as RB where I have Hall and Gainwell. I think these two form a dynamic 1-2 punch rushing and receiving beyond what the Chiefs currently have. This threat will relieve even more pressure off my receivers allowing them to feast.

Defense, well…

I feel great about the DL. I’ve drafted two solid DT backups (Tonga and Johnson) as well as two young DEs primed for big years (Basham and Karlaftis). However, it goes down hill from there. At LB I’m okay, but that is counting on Dean to be a stud as a rookie. At DB, things are scary. CB has no depth (and will only get worse if we don’t resign Fenton or Sneed in the coming years) and all of my safeties are a bit of an unknown - although Nick across has looked great in preseason. We will see how the defense pans out, but I’m thinking it will be an area I need to focus on in the 2023 draft.
Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.