View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 09:28 AM   #904
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I'll be interested to see how you fare with Raimann (who I keep reading as Rain Man) and Gunter. I was interested in both of those guys and was a coin flip on Pacheco versus Gunter with my seventh rounder.
I'm equally curious.

I very much contemplated the trade up for Penning to lock in my LT with a guy I think will be a stud, but it would have been incredibly expensive (1-30, 2-62, 3-94, 7-251, 7-259 to get to 19) and limited my ability to do much of anything else of note. I would have been left with 3-103, 4-135, 5-173, 7-233, and 7-243.

I likely would have went:
1-19 LT T. Penning
3-103 LB L. Chenal
4-135 DE M. Clemons
5-173 DE K. Engabare
7-233 OL R. Walker
7-243 RB I. Pacheco

The double-dip at edge in the mid-rounds would be an effort to hedge my bets with slightly better-qualified talent since I'd be missing out on so much early-round talent.

In the end, I decided to just hope Raimann turns into a good player. I have many more concerns than I do with Penning but at least I'm filling in more of my roster with players I think will be really good (Karlaftis, Otton, and Allgeier specifically). It's very hard to go for broke and leave all that on the table. I banking on a higher upside with Raimann over Petit-Frere there too, which may or may not end up a mistake. Raimann has the age concern but any team would be foolish to plan past 5 years anyhow.

If next year I'm left in a similar situation then I may just have to bite down hard and take it.

Gunter, well he's a big shot in the dark on athletic traits. I'm not sure he makes it on the 53 but he may surrpise.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.