Thread: Home and Auto The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 08:20 AM   #2395
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
Oh! Dang. Lol. I thought I had seen you post about your bike before. My bad.

My street glide was heavy, but it痴 got a low CG. I could bang a u turn in my drive standard two car driveway. She値l turn. Use those same fundamentals you learned on the other bikes and you値l be good.

She値l lean and turn at higher speeds just fine, will be a little slow to turn in, but once in, shell hold the line nicely because it the wheelbase length and rake. Likely drag hard parts before the tires are ever ready to give up so trust the tires despite its weight, .

You値l love it. Mile eater.

When I get a HD again later on, it値l likely be an Ultra. Even though I love Dynas ...the touring models are just so convenient and do damn an near everything.
Next time I値l stick with stock bars I think and likely stock pipes....I致e got tinnitus like a MF from loud pipes over the years.

A couple from the dive shop and I did the Lee's Summit (east) -> MO-50/MO-131 -> Odessa -> 470 -> Lee's Summit loop last evening. Wow, just WOW!

I'll be honest, the 850lbs of bike had me doing some white-knuckling through the curves on 131 , especially because it was in the evening, a road I'm not all that familiar with, wondering if somebody cut grass into the street, and this bike is new to me), but it was completely fun once I started to get more acclimated to it. But I don't lie, when the signs said 40 for the curve, I was doing 39.

That being said, the couple I was with, she was on an Indian, and he was on a Triumph. Wow, this is what you get when one is a Veterinarian and the other a human doctor. Oh, and their other bikes are BMWs... I was hoping they'd consider adopting me!

The best news was they let me lead so that I could set the pace with what I was comfortable with, and when we stopped at a QT for coffee and to chat, they both said it looked like I had been riding that bike for at least a few years. They knew I was being cautious, but they get it, they're safe people. Just like when we dive, we do things with risk, but we never approach stupid. Those were my Navy days, and they are behind me...

Anyway, I'm loving it...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote