View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 09:55 AM   #5118
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
The “you need to change it after x amount of time” thing comes from the possibility of it corroding your system. That’s less likely these days because they’re using better materials. If you had a 75 ford, it would probably corrode the tubes shut in your radiator. That’s less likely these days with better materials and higher quality coolant.

Look at the antifreeze in the reservoir. If it’s nice and bright colored I wouldn’t mess with it.

This is an absurd example. It won’t look anything like this, but you get the picture.

Wonder if I should just drain it with gravity and then fill back up? That would be easy but wouldn’t leave water in the system.

My mechanic changed it 5 years ago and put the good stuff in it because I changed all my fluids: power steering, coolant, transmission, rear differential and brake fluid. We discussed all the higher end fluids and they put in what I asked for like Royal Purple gear and transmission oil. So I think I’ll ignore it like you say.

Only 10k miles on all those fluids.

Thanks so much.

Last edited by lewdog; 07-31-2021 at 10:05 AM..
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.