View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 09:44 AM   #5117
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
What do you mean by the last part? Fluid looks fine as this is about 10k of usage on the Mustang but 5 years old so I thought I needed to drain it just because of age.
The “you need to change it after x amount of time” thing comes from the possibility of it corroding your system. That’s less likely these days because they’re using better materials. If you had a 75 ford, it would probably corrode the tubes shut in your radiator. That’s less likely these days with better materials and higher quality coolant.

Look at the antifreeze in the reservoir. If it’s nice and bright colored I wouldn’t mess with it.

This is an absurd example. It won’t look anything like this, but you get the picture.

Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.