View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 06:29 PM   #1539
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I just opened a TD Ameritrade brokerage account as my Scottrade brokerage and bank accounts start shutting down in mid January through mid February during the takeover.

I didn't want to wait and have it done automatically because there will be a LONG delay from getting a new debit card and the ability to auto pay bills online. It's been my main bank account since 2009. I loved it and it served me great.

As I logged into my new TD Ameritrade account I am overwhelmed with a massive amount of info. Too much in my opinion.

My questions:
Who here has an Ameritrade account?
Can the screens or tabs be customized to remove the clutter?
Do you have the cash management account as well tied to the brokerage?
Do you auto pay monthly bills like a cell phone or gym membership?
Do you have a debit card?
How quickly do they clear check deposits?
Is there anything negative about the account you can think of?
What's the best features?

I feel like it's going to take me months to get used to it.
I have TD Ameritrade. It's definitely got A LOT of info and IMO, a bit too much too. Once you find where things are located, it's decent. Although they have way too many tabs across the top of the page!

I don't do anything but put money into and out of this account to buy stocks. I don't pay bills with it. It has a direct link with my US Bank checking account for deposits that are free and take about 48 hours to show up.

Best feature is that you can customize "Watchlists" of stocks you'd like to track. This then brings up articles about those companies on the right side of the screen. The positions you currently hold, also populate article links on the right side of the screen. I really like this feature for tracking things I own and those I might want to own.

Any time I've had a question about something, I email a help message from the account. Someone responds within 24 hours and you can continue to message them with good response time until your question in answered. I even did this recently for them to explain to me what type of account you need for options trading. I was impressed with the thorough responses and timely answering.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.