View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 01:58 PM   #7653
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
Hmm. I actually like canned green beans. I mean, I like fresh ones better, but after heating up thousands of cans of green beans over an open fire on camping/hunting trips, I sort of had the taste of them grow on me. Some warm, soft beans with chunks of canadian bacon in with the beans just brings me back to good times. I know, strange.
Throw a slice of bacon in the bottom of a small sauce pan (maybe two; enough to cover the bottom when raw), about a 1/2 cup of diced onion and a couple of garlic cloves to the top. Put on medium-high until you have to turn the bacon, then just give it a couple quick tosses and leave it on medium high for another couple of minutes while the bacon, garlic and onions kinda meld and the onions/garlic brown a little.

Take a can of green beans and dump about 1/2 the juice out (in a cup, just in case you want to add it back in). Put the rest on the pot with the bacon, etc... Add juice as your pot requires, I like to just cover everything.

Set to a slow boil, cover and cook for 1/2 an hour. Then take the lid off and cook until the moisture is gone. If you're on a time crunch, skip the cover and you can knock the whole thing out in 20 minutes.

Easily my favorite green beans and they come from a can.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.