View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 12:20 PM   #23
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Watching that documentary I was just kinda caught off-guard by how many times Hernandez got blasted out there.

I'm not a Pats fan so I didn't watch him play apart from the highlights, but holy shit he put himself in harms way a lot. And I know Kelce takes some shots as well but I wonder if his height doesn't protect him from some of those straight on collisions. Or if maybe his body control helps him avoid some of the larger impacts.

But shit, Hernandez was getting wrecked.

I also wonder if the legend of Aaron Hernandez hasn't outpaced him as a player a little bit. Sure, he was awfully damn good as a #2 TE who BB could send out there to create mis-matches, but he wasn't much of a blocker and he wasn't built for high volume. When it came down to it, was he maybe just a rich man's Chris Cooley? This wasn't a guy who'd have been a superstar as a #1 TE in an ordinary offense outside of NE, IMO.

Might've lived longer, though...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.