Thread: Movies and TV Must Watch Series
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 06:08 PM   #1498
Supporter

It's past time, I think it has to be said somewhere. . . Mandy Moore's work as Rebecca on This is Us deserves recognition as one of the great network drama characters ever.

I have to admit, I never 'expected much' from Mandy Moore. For the longest I had some mental mixup where I confused, or melded, her with Jessica Alba, a similarly attractive woman of the same age, but significantly less talented.

Mandy inhabits the same character over a span of decades, often overlapping in the same episodes, and each instance is a fully realized chapter of the life of that character seasoned with heartbreaking and revelatory nuances across those decades.

And never once do you think 'there's Mandy made to look younger' or 'there's Mandy in age makeup.' It's reliably, 'that's young Rebecca' and 'that's mature Rebecca' and 'that's mourning Rebecca.' And all of it seems natural, and often doesn't even seem like the same actress.

It's a truly masterful performance . . .
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote