Thread: Movies and TV *The NEW Movies Thread*
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 11:53 AM   #3120
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
There were several places it could have fallen apart, but was held together by great performances.

Spoiler!

I'm sure there are other scenes too, but looking back, it took some really powerful performances to hold it together, because that story is so crazy, the Great Depression was so long ago, and the production was pretty damned ambitious in what it attempted to tackle.

I'm sure it won't get any buzz about it, but this is pretty much the diametric opposite of Michael Bay.
I do wonder if the gas station scene actually happened. Wouldn't surprise me if he did something like that, though. I'm going to pick up the book that Pennywise recommended, but from what little I have read about Hamer he was a tough customer with a short fuse and a very personalized view of right and wrong.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.