Thread: Movies and TV *The NEW Movies Thread*
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 10:40 AM   #3109
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
Watched Atomic Blonde last night.

I did a search and didn't find any posts about this movie. I actually thought this film would have its own thread, but I guess not.

I was pleasantly surprised. This is a better-than-average action-oriented spy/thriller. Damn good, actually. No significant weaknesses in plot, script, performance, cinematography or direction. It's also interesting to see how John Wick has affected they way fight sequences are shot and edited. Recommended to all who appreciate the genre. I give it 3.75 (out of 5) hikes.

FAX
I liked it too.

I think it set out to be a female John Wick-ish film. I thought it did a nice job. I might be biased because I'm a huge Theron fan.

I thought the fight scene in the stairway was really well done. It was obvious in the choreography that he hit harder than her and she was hurt by the blows.

I mean, I watch it all, but it's fairly ridiculous that the women just do what dudes do to giant mother****ing dudes and it works. This took into account that it was a woman fighting a man, and it worked, at least in my head.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.