Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 03:55 PM   #1071
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
Question for you all

Girlfriend wants to get a pistol to carry with her for self defense..Columbia is getting more and more crazy..plus some walking dick holster was walking around the house at 0330 this morning so she is serious about it now

Any suggestions for a smaller gun..she is maybe 5'3" and small hands

I have been looking hard at these all in 9mm

Springfield XD Mod 2
SW M&P
Possibly a Glock..haven't looked to much into those yet

Any other suggestions..open to about anything
I've owned in the past a Springfield XDm (pseudo compact), a S&W M&P 9c (compact) and a Glock 26 (compact). All are good guns. I would not go any lower than that level of quality for a carry gun. And don't get her a ****ing .380.

I have no experience with the Mod 2, but based on my experience with my XDm I'd think that would be a good choice. XDs have grip safeties, and chamber and mag indicators which will instantly let you know if the gun is loaded/chambered, even in the dark.

The only problem I ever had with my XDm was the factory sights, which quite frankly were dog shit. Hopefully that was just an aberration. The gun itself was wonderful, and of the three, I'd recommend the Springfield, although, again, they are all good guns. I probably liked the Glock 26 the least just because it didn't fit my hand very well. But you can't go wrong with any of them.

The Springfield is also far and away the easiest to field strip and clean.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.