Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 01:50 PM   #322
Supporter

The tale of the tape 2019

I pulled honey supers and processed this weekend. For those keeping track, 4 stings. One got down my boot, one on the wrist and one on each cheek.

I always have higher expectations going in. This year I ended up with 8 boxes of frames ready to process and 4 that weren't ready so I removed those and let the bees rob them back out.

I ended up with a little over 200lbs of honey and about 50 pieces of comb honey to sell.
I am trying some different sizes and styles of bottles this year. Some 2oz for purses or kids or sporting event pick me ups, and some fancy murth jars with comb to upsell to soccer moms.

I did find some mites in a couple of drone larvae I inspected and I put treatment strips in yesterday.

We bottled about half of it yesterday and I've got the comb in the freezer for another day and am ready to sell and make a little cash for the summers work. I'm going into fall with healthy hives that I hope make it through the winter. I've targeted 2-3 as ones I want to split in the spring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0669.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	118829  

Last edited by Iowanian; 09-01-2019 at 01:56 PM..
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote