View Single Post
Old 12-22-2022, 07:17 PM   #2
Supporter

Read that. Whatever. Shouldn't be a shock to anyone paying even passive attention to their stock price.

We are seeing the post-war Europe stage of the Streaming Wars - sans Marshall Plan.

I heard on the Watch Podcast that HBO is pulling the plug on a bunch of content on the HBOMax platform. Including expensive shit like Westworld and Raised by Wolves. I was like WTF Mate. Apparently industry talk (HBO/Discovery obviously hasn't released anything) is that they are starting an ad supported streaming service (that's not what they call it, but I'm going with ASS) like freevee or pluto.

Obviously Netflix is looking at Ads.

Disney Plus and Hulu isn't making any money and it isn't close. In fact I heard somewhere (Maybe it was that same podcast) Disney was tossing around spinning off ESPN. Who would have thought that 20 years ago?

Anyway, money is no longer cheap and now boards of directors are less amicable to giant ass losses.

So now we've all said **** off to cable/satelite, and we're going to end up paying cable prices, and still having to watch ****ing commercials at least some of the time. Much like WWII, was that shit worth it?

/Soapbox
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote