View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 09:47 AM   #5526
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
I use a range finder for 70 yards out generally. My issue is slowing my swing down for whatever distance it is. I either am short of the green 10 yards, or I hit the green and roll off. I'd probably knock 10 strokes off my game if I could consistently put the ball on the green with my 9/PW/AW/60.
Not sure you want to slow down your swing for distance control, that brings potential deceleration issues(fat/pushes), modifying/shortening backswing or choking down on your club using consistent acceleration would be more consistent .
I go down 1 inch to reduce about 5 yards on my short irons.it works for me but might not works for everybody.

I forgot to mention I also carry 4 wedges 48/52/56/60 since I use those a lot more during a round than I do my 3 wood which I dropped from the bag, I starting laying up on all par 5 (trying to get it to one of my wedge distances) even short ones(depending on danger around green) and started getting more birdies .

Last edited by Monticore; 05-20-2020 at 09:56 AM..
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote