View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 09:44 AM   #756
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Well shit, I like this pick but this poor guy's gonna have a really hard time because of who he isn't. At some point I neglected to update my board and missed the fact that Isaiah Johnson had been selected. Man - I was exciiiiiited to be able to grab that guy. He'd be a defensible 3rd round pick who's not impossible to argue into the 2nd.

But this is a fine prospect and good pick as well.

The Chiefs select: Mark Fields, CB - Clemson

He's a little undersized and that will limit his ceiling in Spags scheme, but he's a damn nice Nickel CB. In time he may be able to come up with some technique development that will allow him to do credible work on the boundary in a pinch.

Ultimately I picked up a slightly faster, more ball-aware version of Steven Nelson in the 5th round. I'd say that's a pretty good use of the pick. He's excellent immediate depth, especially with Fuller's ability to move out wide in the event Ward isn't up to the job or Breeland goes down. He can probably play SCB credibly by mid-season.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.