View Single Post
Old 02-14-2024, 10:30 PM   #989
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

How did I do this year? Let's take a look.

My overall assessment is that this is probably a 7-10 or 8-9 team. It's generally solid, but we don't have a lot of starpower.

On offense, the offensive line is strong with a good running game, but Kelce is our only legit passing threat. Russell Wilson was passable at QB, but our receivers dramatically underachieved. We had pro bowlers at G and TE.

We have great special teams guys.

On defense, we have several ascending players like Karlaftis, Chenal, and Ivan Pace, and our safeties are strong. Other positions are pretty much staffed by solid journeymen. No one was named to the pro bowl.

QB
Russell Wilson (Broncos)
Aidan O'Connell (Raiders)
Blaine Gabbert

I did well reasonably here. Russell was 8th in the league in passer rating, bouncing back from last year, and O'Connell grabbed playing time to claim the backup spot. Gabbert was ready to play but not needed.

RB/FB
Isaih Pacheco
Alvin Kamara (Saints)
Rashaad Penny (Eagles)

I had a serviceable 1-2 punch with Pacheco and Kamara. Penny rode the bench and has pretty much ended my patience with him.

WR
Khalil Shakir (Bills)
Justin Watson
Kardarius Toney
Marquez Valdez-Scantling
Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR (Browns)
Terrace Marshall (Panthers)
Richie James

Boy. I figured one or two of these folks would break out, but it never happened. Shakir is my clear #1, but that's not ideal. Watson was my #2. This was a weak spot on the team.

TE
Travis Kelce (Chiefs)
Grant Calcaterra
Zach Kuntz (Jets)

We have a pro bowler! Kelce was great. Calcaterra was a body at least, and Kuntz rode the bench.

Good starters, no depth.

OT
Donovan Smith
Jawaan Taylor
Morgan Moses (Redskins)
Orlando Brown, Jr.

Strong performance here by Smith and Taylor, with solid backups. I'm happy here.

G
Joe Thuney
Wyatt Teller (Browns)
Trey Smith

We have a pro bowler here and two other strong players. The guards were a strength.

C
Cody Whitehair (Bears )

He's been a rock for me for years, but got benched mid-season, opening a crack in our line of steel.

K/P/ST
K - Harrison Butker
P - Tommy Townsend
LS - James Winchester

Best dang unit in the league. No idea how these guys weren't all pro bowlers.

S
Andre Cisco (Jaguars)
Justin Reid
Jordan Poyer (Bills)
Coby Bryant (Seahawks)

I had three solid safeties this year. Bryant had a good first year but was hobbled by an injury most of the year. This unit was reasonably strong, though.

CB
Marcus Peters (Raiders)
Joey Porter, Jr.
Amik Robertson (Raiders)
Shaun Wade (Patriots)

Desmond King (Steelers)

This was a reasonable group of corners, if not spectacular. Probably not a strength of the team.

OLB
Leo Chenal
Ivan Pace (Vikings)
Yetur Gross-Matos, DE (Panthers)
Zach Baun, LB (Saints)
Anthony Nelson

Cuts: Cam Jones and Elijah Lee

Our new guys have stepped up, making this a solid unit. We also had some pass-rushing backups. It's not an all-star group yet, but is ascending.

ILB
Drue Tranquill
Henry To'oTo'o (Texans)
Nakobe Dean

I was expecting Dean to take the starting role, but he got buried on the depth chart despite improvement. To'o To'o played well as a rookie and is part of why we switched to a 3-4, with Drue Tranquill at the other starting job. This is another unit that is not dominant yet, but ascending.

DE
George Karlaftis
Dorance Armstrong
Charles Omenihu

George was dominant at one DE spot. Armstrong and Omenihu split time at the other spot, providing a strong pass rush. This group did well.

DT
Andrew Billings (Bears)
Tershawn Wharton
Zacch Pickens (Bears)
Adetomiwa Adebawore (Colts)
Kalia Davis
Moro Ojomo (Eagles)

We added a lot of youth, but no one immediately stepped up. Billings is an anchor in the middle, so we switched to a 3-4 this year with Billings starting and Wharton backing up. The young guys watched.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote