Thread: Home and Auto Shared fences and eminent domain
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 11:05 PM   #58
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
We know where it is because it was surveyed before we purchased. Plus our gas meter is in their yard. Well one of the yards. I not looking to get legal, rather just to figure out how to deal with the situation civilly.

There is no way that it will remain "civil" that much is for sure. As I said in my post - we bought into a brand new neighborhood in Olathe, KS. It pissed the neighbors off to high heaven because rather than the line being "split down the middle - we actually had a couple of feet more than they thought.

That's why when we put the fence up - they were sure that we had gone too far on "their side". The fence company actually went 3 inches INSIDE our boundary in order to NOT overlap onto their property.

The best way (I believe) to possibly rectify this situation is to have your property surveyed and then approach the neighbors in a "friendly" manner and say "Hey! Were you guys aware that your fence is actually on MY property" - keep it friendly (or as friendly as possible) and see if they might not want an equitable solution to the "problem" Which - you might offer to "forget about it" if they would cut their bushes (weeds) back across the fence..

Who knows? Might work....and then again..... Which might inevitably end up with
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote