View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 09:51 AM   #69
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

I ran a clean DN mock this morning. Results:

1.32 - Kadarius Toney
, WR, UF. Best value available here and I wanted to see what it looked like if I waited on OT (Mayfield was available).
2.64 - Walker Little, LT, Stanford. Honestly, a better fit than Mayfield in KC's scheme.
3.95 - Janarius Ronbinson, DE, FSU. Huge toolbox, great athlete, needs coaching. Could really explode in KC with the way they've coached up DL.
4.136 - Talanoa Hufanga, S, USC.
5.175 - Tre McKitty, TE, UGA. Athletic guy, good receiving, good-enough blocker, versatile
5.176 (comp) - James Empey, C, BYU. Potential fit in this system, mature guy, fellow Utah-ian for Andy Reid.
5.180 (comp) - Jaelon Darden, WR, North Texas. Dynamic returner. Looking for depth at the Hardman/Hill slots and a returner who can take some of that load off Hardman.
7.211 - Robert Rochell, CB, Central Arkansas. This seems like a potential late-round steal to me. He's a long dude who is versatile. Some teams think he's an outside CB only. Some think he's a SS. Could blossom into a good fit for Spagnuolo's scheme.

Looking at all of that, I'd be really excited about that draft. I'd still need to address C somehow (either by spending to retain Reiter, or signing a FA vet C.

But it fills a lot of immediate needs, Little gives you a guy with the upside to be a really excellent LT, Toney is a playmaker who can be a dynamic weapon underneath, and you get a bunch of athleticism and upside on the defensive side.

2021 OL

LT - Remmers/Little
LG -Allegretti/Wylie
C - FA signing or Reiter/Empey
RG - LDT/Wylie
RT - Wylie/Niang

With this group, the hope would be Little and Niang both claim the T jobs as the year goes on. If Schwartz retires and Fisher is unavailable in 2021, that should free up enough cash to sign a C or keep Reiter (though I still wouldn't complain about pursuing Taylor Moton hard, unless they think Schwartz is going to recover).

2022 OL - best case here is you have two good young T on rookie deals. That lets you spend elsewhere as needed, maybe even on a RG upgrade.

LT - Little/Remmers
LG - Allegretti/FA signing or draft pick
C - FA Signing or Reiter/Empey
RG - Wylie/FA signing or draft pick
RT - Niang/Remmers
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote