View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 06:16 PM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Me either.

I just don't know how to react to it anymore.

First it was "we need guards" and then it was center and now it's offensive tackle but yet nobody really has a good plan to actually improve the positions - they just wanna throw numbers at it and hope it goes away.

It seems like a lot of people are dead set on drafting offensive linemen and will just take whichever one is there. And I know that's not kccrow, not trying to single him out, but that's just the latest one I see.
I'm absolutely dead set on drafting offensive lineman. The when is the question. The Chiefs need, at minimum and in my opinion, two draft picks on the O-Line. I don't care how it gets sliced up, they need guys or will need guys.

Fisher, Schwartz, Rankin, and LDT are all free agents after the 2021 season. It doesn't matter a bit how we project the lineup for 2021. The Chiefs should have a good pulse on whether they'll have Schwartz in 2021 but Fisher is very unlikely to be anything in 21.

Aside from the 4 I listed above, they have Allegretti, Niang, and Durant under contract. Everyone else is a FA this year. Assume Schwartz plays and they bring back Wylie on a 1-year RFA deal (I can't fathom they don't) and they can get Remmers back on a vet deal... You still need another swing player at least and another guy besides Allegretti that can play center.

The best case I see right now is that Niang actually works at LT (he just might!).

LT: Niang, ? (Remmers, Rankin could fill in a pinch)
LG: Wylie, Rankin
OC: Allegretti, ?
RG: Duvernay-Tardif, Durant
RT: Schwartz, Remmers

IR: Fisher

No matter what, all that Red is no guarantee beyond this year. That doesn't leave things looking real good if you also MUST draft OLine in 2021.

I'm fully on board with picking your spots and not locking onto one guy, but if Niang doesn't project for the Chiefs to LT then they have to pick one early IMO. Honestly, I project Niang as a RT, not a LT. Maybe he'd be good enough to see if Fisher heals. I don't know. The Chiefs probably don't know either at this point.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote