View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 04:13 PM   #129
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Time travel stuff is always messy, and I'm not sure that they really tried to explain it all fully, but...

From my perspective, it's all about multiple timelines. If you consider everything that we've seen thus far in the MCU to be "Timeline A," all of that stuff still happened. When Thanos showed up in the final battle, that created a new "Timeline B" in 2014 in which he never had a chance to gather the stones and basically nothing ever happened. There's a "Timeline C" where Loki got the Tesseract and is still alive. There's a "Timeline D" in which Cap went back to live out life with Carter. All of these timelines exist and were impacted by the results of Endgame, but we're still just watching "Timeline A" in 2018.

The question moving forward is whether they call time travel a "been there, done that" thing or if they decide to keep using it. If they keep using it, then Loki's series could be set just after the events of Avengers (the first one). He wouldn't have grown as a character in the same way we knew it through the later movies. If they don't, it'll be some sort of side story parallel to other events we've seen, or maybe we'll learn that he STILL didn't die in Infinity War after all.
But they even addressed in the movie that they didn't want to alter the timeline. That right there was a huge plot hole for me.

I mean really why even return the stones at all? Some maybe since they affect others but like the Soul Stone would never need to go back. The next person to acquire it would be Thanos and since that is all ****ed anyway why worry about it.

They made the time travel stuff really messy.
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.