Thread: Life One Week to Retirement
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 06:05 PM   #115
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by 493rd View Post
15 years left for me God-willing. Seems like forever at this point, but that would put me at 60 which I think is good. Roughly 7 years from SS and 5 from Medicare. Enjoy your retirement and watching our Chiefs win another 3 SBs during!
Full retirement is 66 years and 10 months. You wait till 70 you get more money. You can also work or earn as much money as you want if you wait till then. Otherwise earning anything over $17K, the SS will take a dollar away from your SS for every dollar over that amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
How in the world do you think SS is beer money? Are you just getting the minimum?

I paid into the system for 45 years and get a substantial amount every month. It covers all taxes, all insurance and all living expenses with about $1200 left for discretionary spending each month.

That being said, I have no debt, but may buy a new vehicle in the future.
I'm 65 and can retire tomorrow with a $2700 monthly check and the wife get $800 from SS for being my wife I guess.

I dont think I need $2700 a month in the budget for beer. But, Glorydaze much be a contestant in the beer Olympics for drinking that much beer monthly.

Last edited by BigRedChief; 03-23-2024 at 06:18 PM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote