View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 12:23 AM   #165
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyB View Post
I have been lurking around the board for while and thought I would post my thoughts as an outsider (Pats fan) here are my takeaways from the game / season / reading thru this board posts:

1.) Last year the Chiefs took the leagues by storm with it's high powered offense and ended as the number one seed in the AFC. One year later, guess what? No one is surprised and no one unders estimates the Chief's. At the beginning of the year every team circled their game against KC as chance to prove themselves. Every team is going to bring their A-game, especially the middling and dregs of the league. Its their superbowl, better get used to it. That's what I saw today. Titans were pumped to get their chance to knock of the "mighty" chiefs and they didn't quit until they did.

2.) Other teams have had a year to understand what KC does and adapt to it. There is nothing revolutionary about what the Chief's do this year or last. They are loaded with talent on offense, they are just straight up more talented, this team made Matt Moore look good. Pat is a force but I believe this board seriously underestimates how much Pat has to work with and how much better he is because of it. That being said KC reminds me of the "greatest show on turf" or the "Manning Colts". High flying as long as they don't get punched in the mouth or jammed at the line.

3.) Chiefs were horribly undisciplined today, on the drives I watched it looked like Mahomes had to drive the fields twice as they kept moving backwards on undisciplined football.

4.) I saw a lot of posts about KC's fumble return for 6 being the turning point in the game. Yet I have seen no posts on the free 3+ points that the officials gifted KC on Tannahill non-fumble. Hard nose, disciplined, focused teams overcome bad officiating. I have noticed this board is the first to jump all over the officials for biased officiating yet go silent when they are the beneficiaries, which seems to me to be more often than not. Pat / Chiefs are front and center of the NFL they will likely get the close calls, it's the way seems to always work. Just don't act like your still getting screwed.

5.) The chiefs D made Ryan Tannehill look like a Pro-Bowl QB. This is the same QB that was cast off from a AFC East team that I have read countlessly here has allowed the Patriots to remain dominant for so long with no competition. Competent defense make bad teams look bad and give you a chance against a good team. Every year the Patriots made the opposing trash QB look like this they went nowhere in the playoffs. Maybe the Chiefs will pull it together but if it was my team I would not feel good about it.

6.) Someone pointed out that Chiefs have now lost to three of Biil's tree coaches and it made me think. It is weird but I don't worry as much about playing KC / Andy the way I do some other teams. The teams that alway give the Pats the most trouble the teams that have coaches that hate bill. (Rex, John H, ect..) John H said he built his team to beat two team the Steelers and the Patriots. The ones that usually lose are the ones that respect him too much (Billy O will likely never beat him because of this). Andy doesn't hate Bill , I think the opposite I believe they are friends. Back when Andy was in Philly he and Bill has a record for most consecutive years with a trade at the draft. Well one year it was coming to the end of the draft and they had not traded with each other and the record was in jeopardy; so what did they do? They both made trades that made no sense with each other just to keep the record going. Not sure Rex and Bill ever had that kind of relationship. I am not saying Bill completely has Andy's number but I feel the respect thing plays into the Bill's favor.

7.) It is unfortunate that Chiefs are wasting Mahomes prime years. When I say prime I don't mean i think he is going to have a drop off anytime soon, though we will have to watch his durability, not his toughness. What I mean by prime years is his rookie contract years. This team a year ago was loaded with pro-bowl talent with rookie salaries. This year its started to take on some salary weight and jettisoned a pro-ball RB for no compensation, When they sign Pat to be the highest paid QB in the league we will see how long they can maintain his all star cast around him. You think the D is bad now just wait until they take on that contact and try to have to balance his supporting cast. You will be screaming for WR to not waste Pat's years and then wondering why the D is still so bad. People underestimate how much Brady taking team friendly deals has allowed the Patriots to maintain their competitiveness. I doubt the rookies on this team will do the same for the chiefs. If not it will be very difficult for them to maintain any consistency as they will be putting out one fire after another with little resources to do so.

8.) Some people ask why do Patriots fans read thru other teams boards, like myself. I can tell you as Pats fan I do it because it far more interesting to see the excitement and passion of a team just starting to get success vs a team that has just been good for as long a the Pats have been. I am really not trying to be smug but there is not a lot to argue about with the Patriots. We can scream and yell about this player or that player, or that they didn't do enough to support Tom, or the improve eth D. But it's pretty hard to complain about any of the coaching or the GM given the track record. The counter argument to any complaint is always "in bill we trust" and it hard to argue with after all these years, as boring as it is.

Nobody is going to read that wall of text
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.