View Single Post
Old 02-29-2024, 05:14 PM   #24
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
The real question is, do I care how fast a DT ran at the Underwear Olympics? No, not really. It's flashy, it's nice. What I care about though is if he beats guys on tape because he sure as **** isn't running a 40 against the fatass across from him is he? Fiske's worst trait is what will get him punished in the NFL, and that's immediately exposing his chest to the offensive lineman. He has everything else you want though, quickness off the ball, closing burst, decent hand usage (needs improvement too) if he can figure that component out.
I'll say this - Chris Jones torched my ass for a take substantially similar to this coming into the draft.

I thought he played with his pads too high. A TON. He was always coming upright out of his stance and I thought that would kill him at the next level.

It...did not.

So these days I'm a little wary about seeing a DT w/ a good motor and good measurables who has iffy technique and saying "Eh, can't translate at the next level..."

Because that's how we ended up getting a HoF caliber player in the mid 2nd.

(Then again "I can fix him!" has gotten as many coaches/executives fired as it's gotten girlfriends beaten up. So there's also that to consider)
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.