View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 05:53 PM   #162
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
Counterpoints here:
- Our roster is super talented, and deep in key spots
- We can hopefully snag some ring-chasers in FA on a discount or creative contract structure.
- We are getting 2 mid-round comp picks in addition to our regular picks (minus a 6th)
- If EB leaves, we get another 3rd this year and next
- Veach will ball out with the UDFA's again, and they'll want to come here

If there's a stud we want, and Veach puts his nuts on the table for him, I wouldn't be shocked to see us make some moves.
- Our roster is full of journeymen and potential free agents that need to be replaced. It's woefully thin at DE, possibly the most important position other than QB and is not deep at all at WR, which is the easiest way to protect Mahomes. And then there's the line, which needs as many as 3 new starters if not this year then the next.

- The cap isn't going to go up this year. Even with guys on discounts, the Chiefs are going to struggle to hit $195M. If the doomsday reports of $175M come true, the Chiefs will be in really bad shape.

- From what I've seen, we can expect a 4th and a 5th or 6th for comp picks. Not really premium picks by any means.

- It will take a lot more than an extra 3rd to move up to the middle of round one.

- No team balls out on UDFA's every year. I have every faith in Veach but nobody is perfect. We can't plan on this being the norm, we have to plan like it isn't and reap the benefits when it happens.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote