Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 06:33 AM   #1655
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlurking View Post
I don't follow social media, so I can only assume based on posts here and this quote that she was attempting to compare those with right leaning beliefs to Jews in Nazi Germany? Wow. While that might be the dumbest victimist idealogy I have ever seen, it doesn't seem to be advocating violence or anything worthy of being fired IMO.

Stupid AF comment though. This whole "I'm a victim" movement needs to stop. I'm trying to imagine a recent more insensitive, whiney, "whoa is me" comment and I just can't think of any. I love Gina, but damn this is stupid.
Well firing her certainly disproved her point.

And in case you are missing the point, it's not that being shunned for ideology is THE SAME as the holocaust. It's that these things start with small irrationalities that breed and grow.

The holocaust wasn't nonexistent one day, then in full force the next. It started on an individual interpersonal level, frictions and discomforts causing confrontation, blame being placed, generalizations taking hold, and justifications for ill-treatment cascading into each other as they escalated and escalated.

So as we sit now, what's your position? Is the level of division over differences in perspective merited? Should it escalate? Is it non-existent? Is it something to ignore? What?
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote