Thread: Chiefs Frank Clark ****ing sucks
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 01:21 PM   #2133
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
We really gonna keep ****ing that chicken, are we?

Guy missed 3 games in the 3 seasons prior to this one.

Meanwhile we traded for a guy with 2 bum elbows.

Yeah - Clowney's injury history was really the big distinction between him and Clark...

Oh, and Clowney's been a stellar run defender (not Frank Clark's mythical run-stopping prowess but rather actually excellent at it) his entire career. Run defense is almost exclusively an effort thing.

But people still bang on his motor for some strange reason.

I said it back when my position was that you don't acquire any of these guys, but Clowney was always the best fit for this system and it's precisely because how he was used in Houston. He was oftentimes used as the decoy designed to make space for Watt and Mercilus. People used their success as an indictment on Clowney by saying "Why can't he get sacks when these guys are drawing so much attention" but never acknowledged that oftentimes those guys were getting sacks because Clowney was drawing attention.

Clowney has ALWAYS been a better player than Frank Clark. Always. And if Veach didn't have stupid !@#$ing tunnel vision for this idiot try hard who impressed him by kicking our ass in a single game and barked a lot in practice, he'd have seen that.

I don't blame Staylor for his confirmation bias - that's how he rolls. But I have no earthly idea how Brett Veach ever convinced himself that he'd rather have Frank Clark than Jadaveon Clowney. It simply isn't a close question.
This is straight bullshit. Clowney has never had 10 sacks in a season FFS. Clark has had 2.

Clark has 7 more career sacks in 2 fewer career games played. Get out of here with that nonsense.

Clark has missed 3 games in his career, Clowney has missed 18.

You can argue the price difference etc..but Clowney has not proven to be a better player. That's ridiculous.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.