View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 03:48 PM   #3035
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
The extensions for Carpenter and Molina have been hindering, for sure. Even the Goldschmidt extension seems questionable.

It’s from Nightingale, so it probably is bullshit, but he says the Dodgers and Indians are talking about Lindor, with Lux and May going back to Cleveland.

^ would be a huge coup for the Indians. Lux in that park (which is so good for lefty power) would be dynamite.
Holy crap, that would be a huge haul for the Indians. And if offered, they kinda have to pull the trigger. Then start the bidding on Kluber and maybe even Clevinger.

But the ALC is winnable and May is good. Dude's stuff was absolutely filthy several times I saw him pitch. If Lux could give them performance similar to, say, Jorge Polanco (which is a fairly reasonable possiblity) and May can be along the lines of, I dunno, Joey Luchessi....doesn't that give them a reasonable shot at 85+ wins?

Obviously they'd need Ramirez to be closer to the player he was in '18 (and the latter half of '19) and they'd need Mercado and Naquin to take a bit of a step forward. They also have Franmil Reyes and Jake Bauers who both have 3 win potential (though I'm really struggling to figure out why Bauers isn't working; I liked that guy quite a bit).

They could make that deal, get Kluber flipped for another top 100 prospect or solid young veteran (wonder if they could get the Yankees to bite on a Frazier deal) and still be frisky in that division. But much younger and much cheaper. Would the Cole deal make them less likely or MORE likely to deal a toolsy kid like Florial who may simply never make it at all?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.