Thread: Movies and TV Captain Marvel
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 11:51 AM   #281
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Then you can thank the troll campaigns that went to great lengths to downvote movies they never saw before. By the end, those reviews became almost totally useless for things that had nothing to do with the movie. Uber has the same problem with driver ratings. And Amazon has a constant problem with product reviews. And the biggest people who suffer are those who genuinely want to use the reviews for what they're intended for. The product itself.
Don't disagree at all.

Reading through a dozen reviews and finding one or two that are good enough to assist in making informed decisions can be worthwhile. For me, with Netflix, it was. Losing that option has caused Netflix to lose much of my viewing time.

For Lyft (I actually boycott Uber and use Lyft), I don't think I have ever read a driver review. I think the difference their is that for me, it's just a get me a ride from point A to point B as quickly as possible. Bottled water, music, and potpourri don't mean anything to me.

Amazon is a huge issue for me. I use the fakespot plugin and even that is not foolproof. I've found several false positives in their scoring, but the review system there is worthwhile enough for me to spend the time sifting through the garbage.

Guess it just boils down to what I want reviews for, and those I do, I would appreciate the vendor/host/platform taking steps to clean up the trash. Where possible.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.