Thread: Other Sports 2019 Nascar thread
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 09:43 PM   #100
Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinblack View Post
never realized how boring the Superspeedway races were until I went to a spring Talladega race a few years back(the one where my boy Chase flipped his car). You sit there and watch the cars go by you and then for roughly 2 and a half minutes there's nothing, you can see the cars way off in the distance and on the video screen. The atmosphere is still great, just a non stop party, but for actually watching the racing it sucked.

Prefer the shorter tracks like Bristol and Darlington, been to races at both and had a much better time. Bristol particularly the action is never not in front of you.

I grew up watching the sport in the late 80s into the early 90s(my favorite driver was Bill Elliott because as a kid I thought he resembled my grandmother; now Chase is my favorite), and while I fell off a bit in the mid 2000s I've since come back to it, and really the last couple of years have been pretty good. I don't like the Gibbs cars always winning, but other than that I find it mostly enjoyable. I'll be watching as long as it's around.
Bristol is sooo much fun..why there arent more tracks like that is an abomination...love me some darlington as well...Daytona and Talladega are for ****ing insomniacs and douchebags.
KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.KCTitus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.