View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 08:28 AM   #18
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I have ER as the top need, followed closely by WR, and then OL (specifically RT and Center)

Now, I like Phillips, Rousseau, Oweh, Jones, and Weaver as fits on the edge. I'm not overly excited about Paye or Basham early. I'm not so sure I'd spend a 1 on Oweh. I think the kids from Miami are gone. That leaves looking the ones from Pitt, and that DL was very talented. So, who is a beneficiary and who is the difference maker? I've been a fan of Weaver but I'm unsure about round 1 with him as well. I like him more than his teammate Jones as a guy that generates his own wins.

At WR, I have Chase, Smith, Waddle, Marshall, Toney, and Stevenson as guys I like early. I think the first three go pretty early. I think we'd have a to move up a handful of slots to get Marshall. I could be a buyer on either of the other 2 but...

That kind of leaves the what you bring up at OT and I'm a big fan of keeping Mahomes breathing. I don't trust Niang enough after an opt out rookie year to lock him in. I've said all along that if Jalen Mayfield is sitting there, I'd have a really hard time passing him up. I maintain that stance. I feel like Mayfield is that Schwartz/Conklin quality of RT that you don't find many of. This is a guy that went toe-to-toe with Chase Young and pretty well shut him down. He's the only OT I'd consider round 1. So would I take Mayfield over Jones, Weaver, Toney, and Stevenson? The answer for me is a resounding yes. I have alot more faith a really good receiver is there at the end of 2 or 3 than I do a RT of Mayfield's quality. You also have the opportunity to fix two spots with one pick by kicking Niang to guard.
Niang played his ass off against Chase Young, right?
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote