View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 12:11 AM   #55
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Where do I talk about his hands? I talked about him not having any athleticism, can't bend the corner, and is lost when his bull rush is taken away. And he is. You can use whatever armchair expert analysis you want for that.
When you mention he is lost when his "bull rush" is taken away you are essentially saying the guy lacks hands and a pass rush.

The fact of the matter, if you've watched his film, is that the bull rush is not his primary tool in his pass rush. His go to move as a pass rusher concept is speed to power, where he is using his initial quickness off the snap to beat his man to space and then leveraging his strength to out leverage his blocker.

He was solid in this execution at Texas, especially his senior season largely as a 3 tech, as a SDE, in a 3-4 front. His burst is on par with Alex Okafor, who is a big bodied guy, who played as an SDE in college before graduating to the pros.

From that he works to a stab/club where he engages with his arms then uses his length to club down on the lineman's arms to break their engagement.

His bullrush is a tertiary rushing move of his and is not his predominant way of working to the back field.

The fact that you think the bull rush is his predominant move is an indictment of your ability to analyze and identify what a lineman is doing at the point of attack and the tactics he is utilizing to disrupt the backfield.

I don't know your experience playing or teaching the game, but any deficiency you have in understanding role/usage/execution has really been underscored throughout your evaluation here.

Last edited by ntexascardfan; 03-24-2019 at 12:24 AM..
ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote