View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 04:48 PM   #47
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I dunno. I just don't see a guy that can get NFL sacks. I just rewatched Baylor and Maryland. Baylor controlled the shit out of him and he had a sack on a second effort really late in the play he just won't get in the NFL. Maryland's right tackle, Damien Prince, absolutely destroyed him 1 on 1 that entire game. Prince is an NFL caliber RT and he basically had zero issues with Omenihu. Omenihu doesn't look like he has much of a plan if his bull rush gets stymied and he just doesn't have the athleticism to beat even an average looking RT prospect to the corner. I'm okay if Veach wants to sit there and take the kid in round 2, but that's really pushing it for me. Round 1 I'd absolutely lose my shit.
Where did Omenihu play in those games? The dude hardly had a 1-1 matchup as Texas bases out of a 3-4 under, so it's a bit bewildering that you're trying to use that as a benchmark. Texas bases out of a 3-4 under. He was largely in a 3 technique and was a good part of the reason LB Gary Johnson had so much success getting into the backfield last season.

Also, you're literally the only person I've read who doesn't appreciate his hands and pass rush moves.

I feel this is a case of you making up your mind about something and watching film to validate your feelings.

There's a reason why Omenihu shined out at the Senior Bowl when he got to play a DE in a 4 man front.
ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote