View Single Post
Old 12-24-2020, 01:27 PM   #26
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I think you're being a bit overzealous there. Jones is a far better player with far more production and he's being unanimously rated in the late 1st.

I like the kid and wouldn't be opposed to the pick but I think the 1st could be a lofty projection based on one year of production unless there's a run on edge players earlier than expected.
I disagree. The only question with him is the injury history. He’s always had and flashed that elite talent, and he was absolutely dominant at times down the stretch this year. He was every bit as good as GR last year who is a projected top 15 pick, but not as raw (and not quite as high of a ceiling).As a Hurricanes fan that is far from a homer when it comes to prospect evaluations, he’s the real deal and will be a steal as long as he stays healthy. That’s the big question mark that’s keeping me from saying he’s a sure 1st rounder. But that’s it. The buzz is absolutely there though, as I’ve been seeing him in the 1st round in several mocks this week.

By the way, I love Jones too, and he’s one of those edge rushers that I’m look at in the 1st.

I think there are 4 edge rushers I could see being the pick in the 1st:

Ojulari
Jones
Phillips
Oweh

It’s still early though, so no telling how that sorts out for me come draft day. I just know I’d be happy with any of them.

Last edited by staylor26; 12-24-2020 at 01:34 PM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.