View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 04:50 PM   #81
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I don't really agree on the RB part, but in general i agree. If there is a WR you love that falls to 32? Take him. If there's a great CB there take him.

The teams that draft at the end of the rounds that draft well, draft the best players and fit things around them. Draft and development is what we are all about now in KC.

This nails it. You take the best talent available to you. Reaching based on need is how you blow picks.

The idea that Hardman can replace Watkins next year is a great one, but he also isn’t the same type of physical, classic X receiver. There are a BUNCH of those types in this draft. And a rookie or a FA is going to take some time to acclimate to this system and Mahomes. Saying just “take a WR next year” doesn’t account for whether the class is as deep or talented and whether as good a talent is available to you.

If Justin Jefferson or Denzel Mims - big, physical X receiver types who also have the initial quickness to separate like a traditional slot guy - are available, I think that’s value that’s incredibly hard to pass up.

If I’ve got a choice between Patrick Queen or Kenneth Murray and Jefferson, Mims, Higgins, Swift, and Dobbins, I take the LB. and so would the Chiefs.

Think the same is true if the right CB is there.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.