Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 08:17 AM   #1479
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
It *seems* as if they're following the original EU in which Thrawn returns from the Unknown Regions to reorganize the Empire.

He had a cloned Jedi named Joruus C'baoth, who, due to the cloning process, was no longer a Jedi but a "Dark Jedi". He wasn't a Sith but he was evil and "guided" the Empire through The Force, just like Sidious.

It took Luke, Leia, Han, Lando and a cast of others over the course of three novels to finally defeat Thrawn and "new" Empire.

The series also introduced Mara Jade, among other notable EU characters.
I hope they go this route. It's also possible, I think, that this is part of how Snoke clones started getting created. That would have to be carefully done to avoid being infected by the stench of the new trilogy.

Side note rant:

How much more imposing and scary is the First Order IF that trilogy of movies is built around a returned empire under the command of super genious Thrawn, with his cloned Dark Jedi sidekick who has managed to corrupt the Skywalker blood heir?

(Tries to control his rage at not having a cohesive plan before beginning a trilogy and letting directors have too much creative control over said trilogy, which led to it being a jumbled mess).

That said, I do see a possible path to introducing Thrawn, associating him with the rise of the First Order, and then tying off that story arc with him gone and the First Order still a threat that is moving forward with less-capable leaders.

It can be done well. I would trust Filoni and Favreau to have a good overall plan as long as Kathleen Kennedy isn't allowed to sprinkle her BS on it.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote