View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 11:25 AM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2 View Post
I don't think you read my post thoroughly. I'd be more interested in Fitz' drop rate than his ypr. He wasn't taking the top off of any defenses 5 years ago. 8 yards sure sounds a hell of a lot better than 0 due to the drops though.

I don't know what the financials are but if he's cheap I'd absolutely be on board with bringing him on the redemption tour.
Why care about drops? Unless drop rates are unreasonably high where they affect Catch/Target significantly, Catch/Target is a more useful stat. Like a drop, if a target isn't caught then it was affected by a defender or an overthrow by the QB whereby both can be/are affected by the receiver's ability to get/be open. Looking at all 3 contributing factors as a whole, then I'm fine with D Rob.

DRob's catch/target was 76.3% last year while Fitz's was 75.0%. In both cases, there was good production in regard to catch rate. The mid-70s, actually, is top-notch.

Compare them to the top 5 most productive receivers in the NFL in 2020...
Diggs - 76.5%, Hopkins - 71.9%, Adams - 77.2%, A. Robinson - 67.5%, Lockett - 75.8%

Given that both receivers are getting near similar YAC, Robinson had 165 on 45 receptions (3.67 yac ave)and Fitz had 178 on 54 receptions (3.30 yac ave), then the extra 3 yards per reception Robinson is getting comes primarily from his route.

You look at Fitz, that means on average he got the ball within the first 4.1 yards. That's not good. You question, statistically, his ability to win beyond the release. You see with your eyes he really can't anymore.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.