View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 12:06 PM   #14109
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
I had a mix in the cabinet of black beans chili style and kidney beans. 3 cans but usually use 4. Sautéed four chopped slices of bacon with onion and green pepper. Threw in about a dozen sweet jalapeño slices.

Cup of bbq sauce. Splash of apple cider vinegar. 2 tbsp ketchup. Tbsp dijon mustard. Tbsp of Worcestershire. Salt and pepper to taste. Bring all that to a quick boil and then top with bacon and sprinkle your favorite bbq rub on top. Little more bbq sauce drizzled over top. Bake 2 hours at 325 uncovered.
That's generally what I do, except I leave out the mustard and ketchup and just pick a BBQ sauce that has the flavor profile I like. [current fave is Mrs. Renfro's Ghost Pepper BBQ]

Brown bacon until crispy
Saute onion and green pepper in bacon fat.
Throw it all in crockpot with 3 cans mixed beans, at least one Van Camp Pork'n'Beans, then whatever is on hand of chili/red/black/pinto.
Stir up, then sprinkle brown sugar over top.
Let it simmer all day 'to get happy' together.
If I have ham hock or other pork end type products in the larder, I'll throw some of that in there to get pull-apart tender while everything is simmering.

Know it's done when the onions are super soft and the pork is pull-apart.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.